Over time, there is an increase in the popularity of herbal remedies. People have started to consider herbal medicines as an alternative to western medicines.
Because of the number of factors out of which one major factor is that natural medicines can provide equal benefits as modern medicines. Naturally driven medicines carry almost zero side effects, and that’s why people are attracted to them.
Although, some of the herbs appear to be more productive than other herbs. Two of those herbal products include Kratom and Akuamma. These herbs have earned great fame in the last couple of years.
Both of these herbs are getting consumed personally and professionally by people on a significant level worldwide. However, many people feel confused about buying these herbs because of a lack of proven research.
Nonetheless, both Kratom and Akuamma carry similar properties and compositions. Yet, there is a need to find the differences between the two. What are the key points of each product which make them stand out? Therefore, it is essential to get familiar with the properties of each herb individually to figure out which herb is best for you.
What is Kratom?
Kratom is a herb derived from tropical countries in Southeast Asia. Initially, it was consumed as a common supplement for folk medicine in Southeast Asia. The herb is now popular among people in western countries too because of its psychotherapeutic properties.
Generally, Kratom’s raw leaves are used to get chewed on to extract their properties. But you can get Kratom in the form of powder, capsules, and even tea now.
The powdered form of Kratom is achieved by powdering herb leaves and is called Kratom powder. In another form, they are packed in a gelatin capsule, which gets melted once they reach the stomach. They are also available as tea, in which smaller leaves are in more refined form.
Types of Kratom
Kratom herb is divided into three main types: red-vein Kratom, white-vein Kratom, and green-vein Kratom.
- Red-vein Kratom: This type of Kratom is extracted from the leaves that have red veins and stems. This color originated because of several factors like quality, method of harvesting, location, sunlight exposure, and others.
- White-vein Kratom: this type of Kratom is also a vital strain that helps in improving mood, causing euphoria, and bringing motivation. The leaves get harvested and remain in the sunlight for the drying process. Then the leaves are grounded for fine powder.
- Green-vein Kratom: this type of strain is known to improve the consumer’s mood. Only a tiny amount of this strain can have long-lasting effects. It doesn’t get exposed to sunlight after harvest to retain its color.
What is Akuamma?
Akuamma herb is widely grown in African countries like Ghana, Nigeria, and the Ivory Coast. It originated in Africa, so it has been used as traditional medicine by Africans for decades. Therefore, it is called Native African folk medicine.
Although, the entire plant, from roots to the flower, is consumed in Africa. Meanwhile, its seeds are used in products in other parts of the world.
Apart from consumption, they are also used in the production of different commodities and poison. It is either consumed directly (raw seeds) or further processed by grounding it to make powder form.
Types of Akuamma
Akuamma herb is found in many different forms like Kratom. However, you can commonly find two states in the market; seeds and fine powder. If you are not sure about the quality of the powder, you can buy raw seeds and crush them yourself.
What Are The Similarities Between Kratom And Akuamma?
Below are some common similarities between both of these herbs.
The herbs Kratom and Akuamma consist of distinctive alkaloids that directly communicate with opioid receptors in the brain.
Both of the herbs provide equal wellness support to the consumers.
Source of Origin
Both Kratom and Akuamma are derived from natural sources (plant-based). No other manufacturing process is required to achieve the final product.
Kratom and Akuamma are available in powder forms. Kratom leaves get chewed on, while in the case of Akuamma, seeds get chewed on. Both parts get crushed to acquire the powder form. Both of the herbs are also available in capsule form.
The legality of Kratom is well-known throughout the United States. However, both Kratom and Akuamma don’t acquire any regulated platform. In contrast, you should remember that Kratom is well-recognized among government bodies and botanical users.
What are the differences between Kratom and Akuamma?
Below are some common differences between Kratom and Akuamma that are worth mentioning:
- Kratom carries a stronger bond in terms of communicating to opioid receptors in our brains. Meanwhile, Akuamma is weak as compared to Kratom. However, it needs a piece of proven evidence.
- A conjecture is present related to the analgesic use of both herbs. Although, a study found Akuamma to have analgesic properties.
- Both Kratom and Akuamma are originated from natural sources. Kratom powder is obtained from its leaves, and Akuamma powder is obtained from seeds. Hence, its powder is sometimes called “Akuamma seed powder”.
A study was conducted on the herb Kratom, and it was proved to be beneficial in the following ways:
- After consuming a small amount of Kratom (powder or tablet form), you will feel energized, focused, and attentive.
- It is beneficial for losing weight.
- It is known to be anti-drug addictive.
- Many people consume its powder as an alternative to caffeine and nicotine.
- It is an active reliever.
- It carries mood-enhancing properties.
A research study found that:
- Akuamma seeds can be used to eradicate inflammation. It can enhance your digestive system.
- Akuamma seeds are also found helpful in relieving pain and fever caused by viruses.
- It is also consumed as mild anesthesia as it carries neuron relaxing properties.
- It can also treat and cure diarrhea.
- By consuming this herb, you can feel boosted when you are feeling low.
Kratom vs Akuamma; which is better?
If you are new to this, then Akuamma is more than better for you. Yet, you can still go for Kratom but take a lesser dose. Other than that, experienced consumers can take a higher amount for better results.
You can also try both herbs to find out which one is better for your body’s requirements. The main thing is to understand your needs better and then go for one of them. It is also essential to take care of the dosage.
The popularity of herbal medicines cannot be denied, especially Kratom and Akuamma. With the increasing demand for these two herbs, you might want to try them out by yourself too. When buying one of these herbs, make sure you buy the best quality.