Kratom, also known as Mitragyna Speciosa, is one exotic plant that originated in the deep rainforests in the countries of Southeast Asia like Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and others.
This decades-old plant is dubbed as a “miraculous beneficial botanical” because of the various health benefits that many Kratom users swear by. From the 19th century till today, its use as a cheaper opiate substitute that can effectively manage opium dependency has made it extremely popular with people from every walk of life.
Moreover, people use it for several health benefits including discomfort management, reducing anxiety, elevating mood, and increasing overall well-being.
Know About Kratom Plants And Seeds
Kratom Plants are pretty straightforward trees.
- They may range from 20 feet of height to as much as 100 feet.
- The leaves are 7 x 4 inches in size and green in color.
- Distinctive dark yellow flowers that are shaped like a bunch, grow in clusters on this plant.
- Kratom seeds have a very soft and dainty structure that is compared to flakes because of their size.
- These seeds are grown in a podhead. Each podhead has 50 Kratom seeds.
- The germination rate of Kratom seeds is very low because of their short life. They are only viable for 2-3 days after they’re shed off from the plant, as the seeds are very delicate.
Cultivation Of Kratom Plant At Home
Growing your Kratom plant at home might sound intriguing, but it’s not that easy when you get down to the business. Kratom Plants are naturally grown in the humid and muddy tropical regions of Southeast Asia. This makes it difficult to grow in other climates and places with different soil compositions. However, it doesn’t mean that we can’t grow our Kratom plant at home. It is entirely possible to cultivate this beneficial herbal tree at home. Nonetheless, with a lot of care and caution.
To grow Kratom plants in colder and non-tropical regions, you can choose a small-sized pot or a container with good temperature control measures. This contained and controlled environment can provide them with a better chance of survival and growth. However, it will render the plant’s height short, which can be a good thing considering it will be easier to handle and you’ll also save up on space.
Another thing you can do is to try planting them outside in the summers and springs in an open area. Though, make sure to bring your Kratom plants inside just as the temperature starts to fall beyond their tolerance.
Growing Kratom Plant By Using Kratom Seeds
There are two ways to cultivate the Kratom plant at home:
You can either choose Kratom seeds to grow your Kratom plant or use cuttings of the plant to make a new one.
However, be warned already that you are less likely to get successful by both methods. The reason for high failure rates is the low survivability rate of Kratom seeds, fungal infections, and the unsuitability of environmental conditions.
Regardless, if you decide to proceed with this amazing feat, here are all the important points to keep in mind for cultivating your Kratom plant at home:
- Arrange a large number of seeds imported from Southeast Asia, as you’ll be needing a large number of seeds to grow even a single plant.
- Although small pots are used for Kratom cultivation, larger pots will allow the plant to spread out more and get more nutrition and water from the soil.
- Make sure the soil you are using is nitrogen-rich, humid, and has good drainage to avoid waterlogging.
- The humidity level should be maintained at 90%. Howbeit, Kratom plants can adapt at lower humidity levels also.
- The temperature of the place where you decide to grow a Kratom plant should be at 23-24 degrees Celsius.
- Maintain the pH of the soil to 5.5-6.5. You can take the help of a pH testing tool in this regard.
- Invest in a good fungicide, as increased moisture can make your Kratom plant fall victim to fungal infestation.
- One thing that is not necessary but will surely prove to be beneficial is HPS lighting. A 24 hours light cycle is said to produce the best results.
Where To Buy Kratom Plants And Seeds
As we have said earlier, growing your Kratom plant is not very convenient. You might want to consider buying a whole plant if you want to own one. These Kratom plants are not expensive and might cost you only between $30 to $60 depending on the size of the plant you are buying. However, if you are still looking for amazing quality Kratom seeds to grow your Kratom plant, we can help you on both fronts by helping you find the best places to buy Kratom plants and seeds.
Purity Kratom is popular for its original and natural sourced products. They offer an amazing range of high-quality Kratom products at extremely reasonable rates. Moreover, they also offer third-party testing and a 100% money-back guarantee.
Super Natural Botanicals
One of the best Kratom sellers, Super Natural Botanicals is well-known for its authentic and pure Kratom products of all types. They have a one-day shipping policy in place. Furthermore, you can enjoy free delivery on orders above $86.
Naya Kratom is yet another original quality Kratom retailer. They sell all varieties of Kratom products ranging from every kind of strain to Kratom capsules and tinctures. The best thing about this brand is that they are accredited by American Kratom Association. It indicates that they are completely following the rules and regulations of GMP.
Importing natural Kratom directly from Southeast Asia, Golden Monk provides you with natural and best quality Kratom products. In addition, they provide 30 days money-back guarantee, loyalty points to the customers, free shipping on orders above $49.99, and friendly customer service that is available 24/7.
Having your own kratom plant is a good option for saving some money. This way, you can get Kratom at home and also make sure that you are using high-quality products, as the plant has grown in front of your own eyes. However, growing this beneficial plant at home is not easy. You have to take special care of managing a controlled environment with optimal humidity and temperature.
All in all, whether you decide to buy a ready-made Kratom plant or some Kratom seeds to grow a new one, we know for sure that you are going to immensely enjoy the process of taking care of this amazing plant.